IELTS Listening Sample 2. Section 4
This is the last section of IELTS Listening test #2. Listen to the audio and complete all the questions. Then, press 'check' to get your answers checked and click 'get result' to see your score for the whole listening test.
SECTION 4. QUESTIONS 31-40
Choose the correct letter, A, B, or С.
31. The tomato originally came from
32. The original color of the tomato was
33. The Aztec word for tomato means
- golden apple.
- plump thing.
- small fruit.
34. In the 1500s, people in Spain and Italy
- enjoyed eating tomatoes.
- used tomatoes as ornamental plants.
- made medicine from tomatoes.
35. In the 1600s, the British
- saw tomatoes as poisonous.
- published tomato recipes.
- ate tomato sauce daily.
Complete the timeline with information about the history оf the tomato in the United States.
Write NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS for each answer.
1806 - Tomatoes were mentioned as food in a (36) .
1809 - Thomas Jefferson (37) at his home in Virginia.
1820 - A man proved that tomatoes were not poisonous by eating them (38) .
1830s - (39) appeared in newspapers and magazines.
1930s - People began to eat (40) .